Life

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Skinless To Join The Aids Walk! HUZZAH! Wavey's Challenge: raise 50$.... can she do it?

The Aids Walk New York, is an annual fund raising walkathon that benefits Gay Men's Health Crisis and over 50 other AIDS service organizations. It's now the largest walkathon in the world, and the largest AIDS fundraiser in the world. In 2008 alone, 45,000 participants, many of whom were members of 2,450 corporate and community teams, raised a record sum of over $7 million. One of these 2,450 groups was our very own Skeleton Crew, who raised over $3,500. This year I expect no different, if not better.
How do I foresee this? well for starters
we're starting a cool 4 months earlier than last year
. And for seconder's I wasn't a part of S//C last year. AND for thirders The AIDs Walk's stats have a rising nature, from 5,000,000 to 6,000,000's to 7,000,000 sense its start in 1986 thanks to participants.
Living 10,348,807,583,478,572 miles away from center of the universe, the Big Apple, is such a drag but its not an impediment on my support. I'll be working hard in my neck of the woods, raising money to send to my favorite set of walkers and the 33.2 million people now living with HIV or AIDS.

QC - 1: What are you doing to help if anything?
2:Have you ever been tested?
3: Any idea's on how I can raise money?

P.S 0$ out of 50$.... gotta start somewhere *shrugs* :)


with love and peace from the smallish wave
lilwave //(^.\\\

No comments: